Privacy and Data Policy
We, Penally Abbey Hotel and Restaurant, Penally, Pembrokeshire, Sa70 7PY, for itself and on behalf of its affiliates, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Penally Abbey Hotel Ltd and whilst every reasonable effort is made to ensure that the information provided on this site is accurate, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees of any kind, express or implied, regarding the completeness, accuracy, reliability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, compatibility or security of information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose (or to third party information, products and services). Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
By visiting https://www.penally-abbey.com you ("The Penally Abbey Website") you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
What information we will collect about you
- The information you give us includes what you provide to us when you:
- Fill in forms on the Penally Abbey website
- Correspond with us via email, phone or in person
- Report a problem on our website
- Register to use our site and subscribe to our services.
- Search for a product or place an order on our website through our online booking engine (Guest Centric)
Information that we automatically collect about you each time you visit the Penally Abbey Hotel website is as follows:
- Details of the transactions you carry out through the Penally Abbey website and of the fulfilment of your booking.
- Traffic date, cookies and your location data with your consent. Please see below for our cookie guidance.
- Technical details that include your URL, the IP address used to connect your computer to the internet and your login information and the setting of your time-zone.
This includes information we receive from other sources, for example third party booking sites such as booking.com and Sawdays etc.
The information you may give us may include:
- Your full name, address, date of birth, email address, phone number, financial and credit card information and a personal description
We collect and use information about you only if it is justified, required and completely necessary to conduct our business effectively and to satisfy our contractual obligations to you in connection with your booking for any of our services, purchase of products or otherwise.
All personal information that we collect will be taken strictly in accordance with our legitimate business purposes or where you have given your consent for the use of your data for a specific purpose, for example our email database for newsletters to be sent.
Using your information
We will use the information you provide for the following:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To contact you in connection with these contracts
- To provide you with information or services that you have provided your consent to receive, and be contacted in relation to, that we feel may interest you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service where you have chosen to do so.
- To notify you about any changes to our service, product or business.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
Sharing your information
All personal information provided to Penally Abbey Hotel is treated as highly confidential. We do not sell your data on to any third party companies for marketing purposes or for any other reasons.
We may share your information in certain circumstances. These may include the following:
- When necessary in regard to any supply of products/bookings/services by Penally Abbey Hotel in order to protect us against fraud or any other crime. This would be usually by providing such information to a reputable information reporting organisation.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- When necessary in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of Penally Abbey Hotel Ltd, our customers or others.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or requested to do so by a legal authority such as the police or a court of law.
You have a right to know what information we hold about you including:
- A right to request access to deletion or correction of your personal data
- A right to complain to the information commissioner's office if you are unhappy with how you information is being used or stored.
Should you wish to request access to the data we hold about you please email email@example.com or write to us at Penally Abbey Hotel, Penally, Pembrokeshire, Sa70 7PY
Please note that we will charge a fee of £15.00 to provide this information.
The information will be provided either by hard copy or email and may include print outs, transcripts or copies of original documents.
Should you contact us, our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we are able to disclose any information to you
Controlling your personal data
You have the right to control how your information is used.
You can also change and manage your preferences regarding the disclosure of your information to third parties and the frequency of our communications by emailing us directly with your requirements.
Other data information
- Employee access to information
Your information is disclosed to our employees and representatives on a 'need to know' basis and we confirm that all such persons understand the importance of client confidentiality and privacy.
- Updating, maintaining the accuracy of your information
Please do notify us if your information requires updating and deleting. We will respond to requests from you to update or delete your information in an efficient and timely manner and in any event no later than 30 days after we have received your request.
- Links to other websites
Our website may contain various links to other sites that we feel may interest our users. They are operated/owned by third parties. We do not have control over such third party sites and cannot accept responsibility should you decide to enter them.
Penally Abbey Hotel Ltd enjoys interacting with you on public social media platforms via our Penally Abbey Hotel account. If you respond to posts or otherwise post content on or via our official presence via these platforms we may use or republish you posted photo, text, video or other material. Penally Abbey Hotel's official account is present on a number of different social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
By posting otherwise making available any content responding to or communicating with us on or via our official brand presence on social media platforms/sites and branded hashtags.
Privacy and Personal Data Policy - applicable to Users of this Hospitality Business when making a reservation
Data Controller (we): The Hospitality Business which will provide to you, the user, the requested service. Our identification and contact details are available on the website you used to make your reservation / to pose your questions to us. They will also appear on our invoice which we'll send to you.
Data Compliance Officer: Not applicable to Data Controllers' activities.
User: You, who filled-in the reservation form or any other documentation related to it.
Purpose: The purpose of processing the data provided through this form is to manage the reservations made by you, user and/or to answer to the questions / requests you posed.
- Either the need to perform our contract with you, user / the need to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- Or the consent of you, the user, by ticking in the box of acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of which this Privacy and Personal Data Policy is an integral part.
Duration: We will store the data provided by you, the user, during the time necessary for the management of the reservation you made, as well as of the accommodation services you requested. Once the management is finished, your data will be kept for six (6) months. If you consent to receive marketing and/or commercial information, your data will be stored until you revoke your consent.
Processor: We engage our partner Guestcentric Group (www.guestcentric.com ) for carrying out the reservations engine of our business. Guestcentric acts under our authority and we have signed a contract with Guestcentric Group for the provision of their services. We have instructed Guestcentric Group in written as per how the processing should be done.
Data subjects different from the users: Where you, user, provide us with personal data pertaining to a different data subject from yourself, you are responsible for such acts as well as for obtaining the respective consent of such data subjects for the provisioning of their data.
Transfer of Data: We shall not transfer personal data to a third country outside the EEA (European Economic Area).
Data Subject Rights: Data Subjects can exercise their rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by sending an email or through the postal service to the contact details on our reservation website and on our invoices.
Supervisory Authority: If a data subject considers their rights affected, they can also appeal to the competent supervisory authority of the Member State concerned. More info at: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-protection-eu_en